Monday, July 26, 2010

New Eating Habits - July 8, 2010

For the first time I have started to see how challenging the paleo diet can be.  The challenge comes not at home, especially with a great daughter and wife on the plan, cooking great paleo-style meals.  The biggest challenge is eating out.

I've found the following is close to staying "paleo-loyal."  (Being a newby, I welcome any correction or insight to my findings.)


Wendy's Berry Chicken Salad

  • Wendy's Berry Chicken Salad - full of blueberries, strawberries, chicken breast, and of course, lettuce.  Add almonds and a small amount of raspberry vinagrette (see photo).
  • Chipotle - chicken salad with extra chicken.
  • Outback (this one from a fellow paleo-ist) - one can usually get a good steak and veggies.  That would be with water, of course!






Chicken, Spinach, Mushrooms
For breakfast at home, I have been eating omega-3 enriched eggs, bacon, and some spinach (see photo).  Occasionally, I've eating chicken breast, avocado, mushrooms, and spinach.  

Is all this helping?   Yes, I believe so.  But honestly, I have been doing some cycling that would also contribute to the better fitting pants.  I've got some "smaller" jeans that fit a little better now!